New smoker suggestions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Braker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 21, 2018
My wife is basically telling me spend upwards to 750 dollars for new smoker. It has to be bigger than my MES30 and reliable. Ive looked at all the new available at the big box stores, they are of inconsistent quality and build. What are the manufacturers that make good ones?

Thankx
KB

Main use, smoking, grilling , cooking for # People most of the time?
Pellet smokers, Rec Tec , Yoder, Mak, are probably your big 3 but slightly above your $ range. Camp Chef and Grilla Grill are close to your set $. Pit Boss owners seem to like what they have.
Weber Smokey Mountain is another fan favorite if don't mind tending some coals. Put out some excellent bbq.

Last edited:
Check out Smokin-it, Smokin Tex, CookShack just to name a few if you want to stick with an all electric smoker. Amazon also still has a few Smoke Hollow Smoke-Tronix's for sale.

The model 3 from SI is a good size. If you go analog, it is in your price range; going digital puts the 2D in your price range. You could go analog on the 3 then at a later date get a stand alone PID for it. The smokers from SI use components from Auberins for their digital and WIFI models. Going WIFI jumps the price considerably:

Last edited:
+1 on the Smokin-It #3. They have holiday sales usually 10% off a few of times a year and I'm waiting for the next one to upgrade to a #3. Hopefully Memorial Day or July 4th.

They also have a
facebook page with a store. Sometimes you can find a deal there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky