New smoker old brazos dxl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vipgenesis

Original poster
Dec 13, 2021
Should be interesting, just ordered snake River farms waygu black series 18 pound brisket so should be a good first cook.will update on how the cook went

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_102216_01.jpg
    IMG_20211214_102216_01.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 74
Way to break it in! That's a goooood brisket!
I got this one used so she should be broken in...she has been with only one other guy and he took good care of her, but I'll do it better 😂. I can keep the suggestive personifications going but I'll leave it here for now lol

I got this one used so she should be broken in...she has been with only one other guy and he took good care of her, but I'll do it better 😂. I can keep the suggestive personifications going but I'll leave it here for now lol
Oh Lordy the fun that could be had with this! Look forward to your pics and post.
Jim

Reactions: vipgenesis
Man that looks nice !
And a great maiden voyage planned .
Do you have experience with an offset ?
No, don't laugh at the picture lol I did it on a cheap grill and made it work. Still produced awesome results from 6 briskets and 3 shoulders considering the POS I was using 😂. I have tons of seasoned oak so buying a decent stick burner seemed like a no-brainer for me. I'll be home on the 27th from trucking so I'll give it a whirl. The $158 16/18 pound brisket is arriving tomorrow from snake River compared to my Walmart which is selling select for $4.50 a pound 😣🤬🤢.

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_134259.jpg
    IMG_20211018_134259.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20211012_083839.jpg
    IMG_20211012_083839.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20211109-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20211109-WA0005.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 27
No, don't laugh at the picture lol I did it on a cheap grill and made it work. Still produced awesome results from 6 briskets and 3 shoulders considering the POS I was using 😂. I have tons of seasoned oak so buying a decent stick burner seemed like a no-brainer for me. I'll be home on the 27th from trucking so I'll give it a whirl. The $158 16/18 pound brisket is arriving tomorrow from snake River compared to my Walmart which is selling select for $4.50 a pound 😣🤬🤢.
Brave for a new offset user. I’d do the $4.5 pound brisket to start, or better yet a $2.00 pork butt, mainly to get used to how the cooker cooks. Good luck, looks like a nice pit.

Brave for a new offset user. I’d do the $4.5 pound brisket to start, or better yet a $2.00 pork butt, mainly to get used to how the cooker cooks. Good luck, looks like a nice pit.
I would probably start off with a pork butt also.
I don't use a stick burner myself but understand they are more hands on and as all new pits have a learning curve.

Reactions: vipgenesis
Yeah it's a little risky but then again wagyu is the most forgiving type of meat as long as it's done low and slow. Hard to really mess up if you give yourself plenty of time . You could throw full sized firewood splits on there, spike the heat, and turn it into pulled mush or beef jerky but my buddy has the same smoker so I'm not going in blind. I do have a 1 dollar per pound pork butt sitting in the freezer so that might not be a bad idea, let's just say that I have taken your suggestion under advisement. BTW the 18 pound brisket did arrive yesterday so it's definitely happening but I might do it a day after the pork. Just to sharpen my teeth on it.

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky