New smoker - KJJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MCQSmoker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 11, 2021
Got my hands on a new smoker during Black Friday - Kamado Joe Jr.

Feels like a solid bit of kit, lot bigger in person than in the pictures. Never had a Kamado but always wanted one, think I’ll have some fun with it
7CD4EF29-9573-4AD1-B211-C81DE71C0D8C.jpeg
27F74E26-8255-4324-979E-4567BF2F0C24.jpeg

A lot of people love them!
Looking forward to seeing it in action, with pics of course!
Al
Thanks Al, there’ll be plenty of pics when I get to grips! They seem to be popular, a couple of YouTube videos convinced me to push the button

Never owned one of those but I got to play with one a couple of times. They are pretty heavy duty and hold their heat really well.
Yeah it’s definitely heavy duty, even better than I was expecting in person. I had a cheap offset before that spilled out heat constantly so this will be a welcome change

Feels like a solid bit of kit, lot bigger in person than in the pictures. Never had a Kamado but always wanted one, think I’ll have some fun with it View attachment 518262View attachment 518261
Since nobody volunteered to test the food on the first cook, I feel it is my duty to volunteer.

Feels like a solid bit of kit, lot bigger in person than in the pictures. Never had a Kamado but always wanted one, think I’ll have some fun with it View attachment 518262View attachment 518261
Thanks both!
I was very curious as to what this Joe Jr. could do being so small so did some research and looked at a few videos and I can say that I was truly amazed at all this little rascal could do . This guy used this thing to fix meals for his family for a week and I was impressed and the quality of the unit is great.

Reactions: MCQSmoker
Since nobody volunteered to test the food on the first cook, I feel it is my duty to volunteer.

I was very curious as to what this Joe Jr. could do being so small so did some research and looked at a few videos and I can say that I was truly amazed at all this little rascal could do . This guy used this thing to fix meals for his family for a week and I was impressed and the quality of the unit is great.

i was the same - it sounds like we watched the same video - Smoking Dad BBQ? That video definitely convinced me to push the button. I’d been wanting a Kamado style grill for ages but the price point of the larger models put me off. In person it really is bigger and stronger than I was expecting, really good value for the price.

i was the same - it sounds like we watched the same video - Smoking Dad BBQ? That video definitely convinced me to push the button. I’d been wanting a Kamado style grill for ages but the price point of the larger models put me off. In person it really is bigger and stronger than I was expecting, really good value for the price.
I have 3 smokers now but I may have to bite the bullet and get one

Years ago, I started my smoking on an original clay kamado. Once you got that thing to temp it was a 2 briquette feed to hold the heat steady.
Yeah it’s definitely heavy duty, even better than I was expecting in person. I had a cheap offset before that spilled out heat constantly so this will be a welcome change

I have 3 smokers now but I may have to bite the bullet and get one

nice, you’ve got a collection going! I’d recommend smoking dad bbqs video on it on YouTube, will give you a good overview of it

Years ago, I started my smoking on an original clay kamado. Once you got that thing to temp it was a 2 briquette feed to hold the heat steady.
Awesome, this is one of the things that always appealed to me about a Kamado - set and forget. Hope I can leave a cook on before work and have it ready for when I finish!

Not sure how long you're talking about, but a word of caution, this forum is "littered" with threads about smokers going out while unattended for one reason or another...
I’ve seen! I’ll build up my confidence with it before I give that a test run

Much the the disapproval (?) of my wife, I grabbed one of these on that deal too. It's the easiest of my cookers to just set and forget. Good luck and enjoy this!

Much the the disapproval (?) of my wife, I grabbed one of these on that deal too. It's the easiest of my cookers to just set and forget. Good luck and enjoy this!

thank you! Aha well done ! Pleased to hear your verdict , an easy set and forget was what I really wanted out of this smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky