new smoker here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dtipple

Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Just bought my 1st electric smoker. ... I have 3, 3lb. slabs of ribs going in tomorrow ! Suggestions and or tips please!

Put a dry run on them NOW! Then wrap them in cellophane and refrigerate until ready to smoke. Let them dry at low temperature with vents open in the smoker for 45 min before adding smoke and increasing heat to at least 160.
Enjoy.
Leo

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Ok, soo the meat turned out great other then its lack of smoke flavor...... I had a hard time generating smoke in my smoker. The water was full and the chips were fresh, and the temp was right at 225 - 230. I have Jeffs book on smoking but his suggestion to replace the chips every 30-45 minutes seemed to kill my "tbs" . Any suggestions ???

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky