New smoker build (need some help)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here is what I’ve gotten so far
AD0BB064-BC1B-4870-B4F1-D836803EC1BB.jpeg
F5C73D01-8F44-4DB6-96C8-631ACAAF4A49.jpeg
0B75C513-04C6-413A-A5CC-0822937FD6A8.jpeg

Yes it is for cold smoking. Building it for an old boss of mine, right now the only thing “sewing the doors” is some metal locking latches. Do I really need to put an actual seal around the inner door?

Yes it is for cold smoking. Building it for an old boss of mine, right now the only thing “sewing the doors” is some metal locking latches. Do I really need to put an actual seal around the inner door?

Opinions vary Shadd, but mine would be no seal.
I never did worry about smoke leaking out. That just gave me an indication it was still smoking inside. ;)
That said, as a fellow woodworker, we both know wood constantly moves and can change over time. So if it were to leak like an old outhouse (which is a good feature in an outhouse), that may not be a good thing with a smoker.
Most old smoke houses were made of wood.
Continue with your Labor of Love, and don't look for troubles where there may not be any.
It looks beautiful to me.:D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky