New Small Dry Aging Cabinet from Pro Smoker-Release Sept. 2023

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Genoa Salami had a hard exterior, so I disconnected the fans (2 or 3 of them).
Humidifier fan was not working (don't think it ever was). Bought a humidifier and dehumidifier for it.
Have not tested since those changes.
In hind sight, I think it might have been cheaper to just buy a wine cooler and mod it.

Reactions: indaswamp
I'd like to dip my toe in charcuterie but th investment in aging cabinets appears to be pretty steep.

I'd like to dip my toe in charcuterie but th investment in aging cabinets appears to be pretty steep.
Pick up a used 3.5-4cu. ft. refrigerator with a vertical cooling plate and no freezer compartment... about $50-75 bucks, JC in GB JC in GB and I will help you dial it in. The controllers, humidifer and dehumidifier are another $150ish...

and for about $20 bucks, I recommend the govee temp. and RH% monitor. to help you dial the parameters in perfectly.

Pick up a used 3.5-4cu. ft. refrigerator with a vertical cooling plate and no freezer compartment... about $50-75 bucks, JC in GB JC in GB and I will help you dial it in. The controllers, humidifer and dehumidifier are another $150ish...

and for about $20 bucks, I recommend the govee temp. and RH% monitor. to help you dial the parameter in perfectly.
I'm adding it to my list. Thanks!

Reactions: indaswamp
Govee is AWESOME!!!!!

I have the unit he talk about, and a WiFi unit. The WiFi unit is a little more accurate. I also bought the WiFi Inkbird temp. and humidity controllers so I can control and monitor my chamber when I am out of town.

Reactions: 02ebz06
Think I will wait to hear a price.

I also have the Govee and the wifi h-5103 and both ink birds.

I'm thinking this thing is not going to be cheap, but we'll see. I'm still on the lookout for a larger fridge or freezer or even a beverage cooler. I have two of the govee wifi thermometer / hygrometer H5179. They have no display, just linked to an app on the phone. You can monitor temp, humidity, dew point and VPD ( Vapor Pressure Deficit) whatever that is...

govee.jpg

Few years back there was a farm couple had a go fund me page they were making a salami/charcuterie fridge (thinking it was the cave) they were needing 50k to start production, I donated and a few months later they said not going to happen as they did not meet the goal. Oh well only out 50bux

I'm adding it to my list. Thanks!

Let me know if you need some electrical control system information. I can help spec parts and interface controllers with coolers, heaters, humidifiers, etc....

A basic system won't set you back too much as long as you can do your own wiring/plumbing.

I built one from a scrapped upright freezer I found.

JC :emoji_cat:

Let me know if you need some electrical control system information. I can help spec parts and interface controllers with coolers, heaters, humidifiers, etc....

A basic system won't set you back too much as long as you can do your own wiring/plumbing.

I built one from a scrapped upright freezer I found.

JC :emoji_cat:
I figure I'll find someone to feed or sauce that can haha. That's my barter

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky