New Pit Boss series 5 question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DrMarrs

Original poster
Nov 21, 2019
I just purchased a pit boss series 5 vertical smoker. assembly went great.. powered right up... 10 minutes into the burn in process i get a Err L code... not listed anywhere.... then i unplugged the unit... it fires back up and within 5 minutes it pops the circuit breaker. i have tried 3 separate circuits and the same issue. anyone have a clue where to start looking its brand new.

thanks
Michael

Thanks. I found that thread earlier but it did t solve the puzzle. And honestly the codes gone. But I cant figure out why its tripping the breaker. Which is issue number one now.
Are you using an extension cord or plugged in directly?

Is it tripping a breaker or a gfi? need a amp meter to put on it to see if circuit is over loaded or unit pulling too much,

are all the outlets on the same breaker. did you try other appliances in those outlets to see what happens. could be your heating rod malfunctioning also. just some thoughts

Is it tripping a breaker or a gfi? need a amp meter to put on it to see if circuit is over loaded or unit pulling too much,
Sorry. Yes it is tripping the gfci not the actual breaker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky