• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Pit Boss series 5 question

DrMarrs

Joined Nov 21, 2019
I just purchased a pit boss series 5 vertical smoker. assembly went great.. powered right up... 10 minutes into the burn in process i get a Err L code... not listed anywhere.... then i unplugged the unit... it fires back up and within 5 minutes it pops the circuit breaker. i have tried 3 separate circuits and the same issue. anyone have a clue where to start looking its brand new.

thanks
Michael

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
If you use FB you may want to join the FB PB group. Very good folks with answers.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Thanks. I found that thread earlier but it did t solve the puzzle. And honestly the codes gone. But I cant figure out why its tripping the breaker. Which is issue number one now.
Are you using an extension cord or plugged in directly?

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Is it tripping a breaker or a gfi? need a amp meter to put on it to see if circuit is over loaded or unit pulling too much,

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
are all the outlets on the same breaker. did you try other appliances in those outlets to see what happens. could be your heating rod malfunctioning also. just some thoughts

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks