New PID controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nimrod

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 7, 2010
Stuart Florida
I finally got around to replacing the failed controller on my MES 30. Bought the Auber SMD 200a Smoker controller. Did a couple test smokes prior to Thanksgiving and all was good. Thanksgiving turkey turned out perfect so pleased with the set up. It's not in the picture but I use a piece of pipe for a chimney to keep the heat away from the control box and it helps with circulation in the
smoker. Smoker Controller.jpg Turkey 2020.jpg
Many thanks to Tallbm & Chopsaw for their in depth information on the install instructions.
Craig

I finally got around to replacing the failed controller on my MES 30. Bought the Auber SMD 200a Smoker controller. Did a couple test smokes prior to Thanksgiving and all was good. Thanksgiving turkey turned out perfect so pleased with the set up. It's not in the picture but I use a piece of pipe for a chimney to keep the heat away from the control box and it helps with circulation in the
smoker.View attachment 473856View attachment 473858
Many thanks to Tallbm & Chopsaw for their in depth information on the install instructions.
Craig
Searched SMD 200a on Auber's site and can't find it. Got a Link?

Kurt,
Try this,

Attachments

• SMD200_Manual.pdf
    389.5 KB · Views: 19
Kurt,
Try this,
It has the same default parameters as the WS-1510ELPM but 1,800 watts. And same 166 set code P7, I600 and D150. Others with an Mes 30 have parameters to share but my Mes 40 is different than the 30. Auber gave me a chart on analog roasters, crockpots, steam tables and rice cookers. The best setting for crockpots to hold to the degree is P=4, I=0 and D=40. For sous vide, yogurt making or whatever is in it. Mines the RTD sous vide or smoker multi function sensor so I thread down the hole after removing the handle from ther glass lid and use a spring wood clothes pin on each side to hold the sensor at the right level.

Last edited:
Reactions: nimrod
Craig... welcome to the PID world... as you found out these things are priceless... Now snack sticks and sausages are very doable .. Enjoy and have fun with the new rig...

Tell the misses we said Hiiiiiii....

It has the same default parameters as the WS-1510ELPM but 1,800 watts. And same 166 set code P7, I600 and D150. Others with an Mes 30 have parameters to share but my Mes 40 is different than the 30. Auber gave me a chart on analog roasters, crockpots, steam tables and rice cookers. The best setting for crockpots to hold to the degree is P=4, I=0 and D=40. For sous vide, yogurt making or whatever is in it. Mines the RTD sous vide or smoker multi function sensor so I thread down the hole after removing the handle from ther glass lid and use a spring wood clothes pin on each side to hold the sensor at the right level.
Thanks Kurt
Craig... welcome to the PID world... as you found out these things are priceless... Now snack sticks and sausages are very doable .. Enjoy and have fun with the new rig...

Tell the misses we said Hiiiiiii....
Thanks Keith! Ann says hi and sorry we missed everyone at the gatherings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky