New Pellett Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

delaware smoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
A few weeks ago,I bought my first pellett smoker.It's the Austin XL from Pit Boss.Doing my first smoke on it.later day.I'm doing chicken quarters.I've been cooking on a Acorn for about six years,so I guess this will be different.

Reactions: retfr8flyr
Congratulations on the new smoker and good luck with quarters.

Chris

I love my woodwind pellet grill/smoker. Pellet type makes a huge difference in the smoke flavor you’ll get. 100 percent hickory will give you the best smoke flavor.

Welcome to the site and the pellet family, spritzing will help keep meat moist and help with smoke retention, blowing the fresh air in drys the skin and lowers smoke sticking , I will roll on smoke for 1-2 hrs then crank to 350-400. The high heat helps the skin crip, it does great from the start at the higher temps also. I bought a Amazon tube from walmart to help with xtra smoke

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky