New MES - Does this look right?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yamafx4dude

Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Just received a MES Model # 2007011. I noticed that the door kind of "pops" when opening then I realized the door isnt really lined up with the unit. If you look at the bottom left of the door then the top left, you can see the door doesn't line up straight with the unit. At right shot is also included. Also, is the chip tray supposed to be resting on the heating element? You can see from the pic that the tray is resting on the element and is leaning to the right. 

I have already emailed Masterbuilt but haven't heard a response yet. So I was wondering if anyone had a similar model and could confirm this is normal, wrong, or not a big deal. I'd like to know before I use it in case I should return it.  

Looks like the lower door hinge got tweaked.... It can probably be tweaked back into place..... The same with the chip pan bracket from what little I can see..... The chip pan should probably either sit ON the element or about 1/16" OFF from it.... Adjust the bracket, if possible, and take your best guess as to where the chip pan sits.... They sometimes need adjusting anyway... Chips burn up too fast, raise the chip pan... No smoke unless the smoker's on high, lower the chip pan...

That's all dependent on whether or not you want to mess with it.... Remember, the replacement could be worse..... or perfect...

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky