New MES Bluetooth Digital smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thanks for the response!  I just ended up getting up at 6.  No biggie.  Currently smoking a 6lb brisket.  225 degrees.  Currently at 160 degrees after 4 hours, but I know it'll stall for a couple hours.
Sounds Good!!

6 Lb Flat might not stall much.

You going to Foil?

Bear

only after I take it off.  I don't foil during the cook.  I'll probably pull at 195 and foil tight for a few hours.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Brisket at 171.  Tossed on some italian sausages, plan to run those for 4 hours and then hopefully pull both.  Apple for the sausages.

Last edited:
Hey Ive got one of these bad dogs and i just got done smoking a 13.76 pd brisket Christmas eve. Came out great! One down side is heatloss when the door opens and second is the lack of room for my packer brisket. May trade it in for a treyger. Brikest came out good but I can tell you they sent me a replacement remote because the first one didnot work and this one does not want to sync either. I still need to call them to have me walk through it but that could be a prob. Also did two trip tips and baby backs or two other occassions since I got it and works pretty good. I wish you could jam the heat up when you are done to burn away all the residual fat to ease clean up. Thats all here.

Holly crap Bear don't they have electrical wiring codes where you live? A city inspector around here would never pass that wiring screw up. When I moved here my garage had one 115 outlet and I have a number of wood working machines one of which require 220 we moved in the month of October so the first thing installed was a gas heater capable of raising the temp in a 3 car garage from 52 degrees that I keep it at in the winter to 72 degrees in 10 min. The next thing I did is install another breaker box with a 100 amp service for the garage which enabled me to run 220 and outlets every 3 feet lower and upper for convince. I also installed several celling outlets for lights. Doing the wiring myself the only thing that didn't pass inspection was the celling outlets because they were not the new child proof type. My celling is 10 feet but still I had to change the celling outlets to tamper proof. That's how strict the inspectors are around here. No I am not an electrician but I have wired businesses for 440 to handle big machines like paper cutters and offset printers. My job required me to master many things welding, machining, electronic trouble shooting, electrical wiring, machin painting, designing, rebuilding offset presses, folders, cutters, and many other machines used in the printing industry. On my days off I often used the back painting room to restore and repair cars.
I'm sorry this don't have anything to do with smoking I just ge carried away some times.

Randy,

Randy,

Yes, we have very strict electrical & zoning inspections here in PA, however I never saw them check each individual outlet to see which circuit it is on.

Bear

You are a better man then me Bear, I would be in court with someone over this. Have you ever had someone else out to see what can be done to correct the problems?

Randy,
I just had one of the Guys who works for my Son run a 20 Amp designated circuit outlet for my Electric WoodStove & Mrs Bear's Vacuum cleaner. 

Everything else is fine.

Bear

Just bought one today for my girlfriend so I can smoke when at her house .. I'm use to my big smoker so this is a learning curve .. QUESTION: where is the dang smoke!!?? I soaked chips as it suggested dumped to loads in, I can smell a sweet flavor between the hickory and cherry but no smoke??? Is this normal ? Anyone?

Just bought one today for my girlfriend so I can smoke when at her house .. I'm use to my big smoker so this is a learning curve .. QUESTION: where is the dang smoke!!?? I soaked chips as it suggested dumped to loads in, I can smell a sweet flavor between the hickory and cherry but no smoke??? Is this normal ? Anyone?
Don't listen to the "soak Chips" Thing---Bad Idea.

Most MES owners quit screwing with the built in Chip Burner, and got an AMNPS. (See the "Amazing Smoker" business card at the bottom of these pages).

Then you just fill it with pellets, light it properly, and you get up to 11 straight hours of perfect smoke.

Bear

I have had my 2.5 gen 40" Bluetooth MES for going on 3 years and have only used the chip loader once to season it. Since then I have used the cold smoker attachment, or the AMNPS depending on the wood I want to smoke with.
Because I have some wood chips and chunks that I can't find in pellet form. Red oak is one of them, sugar maple is another one.
Both work great but the AMNPS is by far the easiest to deal with and the one I use most. I got 12 hours of smoke using the AMNSP on my last apple smoked bacon, and it came out very smoky. There are tricks you can use to get that much time out of the cold smoker as well, but it is messier and more of a hassle.

The Masterbuilt cold smoker costs $69.95 and the AMNPS costs $29.95

Randy,

Ok newbie coming in on the thread.  I have been looking at this MES 30" BT smoker at the local Wally World for $276.  It has swayed me from my original idea of buying a CB deluxe model (Amazon for $209)for two reasons: 1) I can go to cold smoke when I get some smokes under my belt if I so choose. 2) It seems the customer service is spot on with MB if needed.  \

With either choice, it seems the idea of using the AMNPS instead of chips is the way to go and getting a decent meat thermometer like a Maverick is also a standard.

Anything else I am missing besides the foiling of heat source and drip tray?

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky