• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkent

Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
Kansas City
Just wanted to make my first post as a new member and say Hi to everyone. I have been reading the forums for a couple of days and decided to join in on the fun. I have been reading a lot on the GOSM and think I will purchase one as my first smoker. Does the Great Outdoors have a website where you can look at their products?

Thanks,

Joe

Howdy Joe and welcome to SMF. This is a wonderful place to share in the love of smoking and I'm sure you'll learn a lot as well. I'm sure that you'll be able to find a GOSM on the web but I'm not sure what that site would be. You might try some of the retail stores that sell them like Lowes. Or better yet if you can go and take a look at one on display, this way you know what your getting.

Joe GOSM used to be owned by a company in Missouri, they used to have a website. A few years back CFM in Canada purchased GOSM and took down the website. They rely on retailers to provide the information. I've fussed at them about this stance more than once. You can find some information here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/epod2000/smokers.html . But for any detailed questions your best bet is to ask owners of the GOSMs here.

Welcome to SMF, Joe. Several of us use the GOSM, I use the widebody and have enjoyed using it for over a year now.

Joe,
I ordered my GOSM big block from "epod2000.com
" and received it in about 4 days. It was simple to assemble and I have used it extensively. Love it!

Scott

bluefrog

Did you get the Model 3605BGD?

I just want to make sure I'm not getting the Wally World version when I order.

Joe

Joe, it is not the Wal*Mart version. I almost ordered one from Wal-Mart.com but noticed that the price was not the only thing that was lower. The shippnig weight was 30 or 40 lbs. less on th wm version.

Scott

I'm located on the Missouri side. I'm actually in a small town Southeast of Lees Summit, MO.

Well in that case-- I would like to welcome another Missourian to the forum. There are a few of us here and the number keeps growing!!!! Hopefully you can get to meet all of us at some point. Welcom again!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky