New member with lots of questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JSig

Original poster
Oct 30, 2020
As most report I been following this site for years from when I used a wood offset smoker. However due to several reasons I am now using an electric masterbuilt for the first time. Long story for another day. But man oh man is it not the same. So most of my issues I’m running into and questions I have are all about this thing.

I’d like to try and do the proper thing here and hold my questions so I can introduce myself.

I’m in Maryland around sea level. Got a MES30 that I just installed the mailbox mod and the amazon pellet tray. Did some testing with it today with no food. Definitely a weekend hobby that I barely have time for as it is with my crazy family. But I still love bbq! And still want to keep at it with this setup.
Unfortunately medically retired Air Force veteran. Family of 5. We love all things sports outdoors drinking and eating! Bass fishing and watching the NY Giants are more of my fav hobbies.

I look forward to learning from this site and chatting with you all.
I’ll be posting some questions and pictures soon.

As most report I been following this site for years from when I used a wood offset smoker. However due to several reasons I am now using an electric masterbuilt for the first time. Long story for another day. But man oh man is it not the same. So most of my issues I’m running into and questions I have are all about this thing.

I’d like to try and do the proper thing here and hold my questions so I can introduce myself.

I’m in Maryland around sea level. Got a MES30 that I just installed the mailbox mod and the amazon pellet tray. Did some testing with it today with no food. Definitely a weekend hobby that I barely have time for as it is with my crazy family. But I still love bbq! And still want to keep at it with this setup.
Unfortunately medically retired Air Force veteran. Family of 5. We love all things sports outdoors drinking and eating! Bass fishing and watching the NY Giants are more of my fav hobbies.

Amazen...not Amazon

We ALWAYS WELCOME OUR VETERANS ! Ask your questions away, we are all here to learn from each other.

HT

Welcome to SMF from South Carolina!! Thanks for your service! You came to the right place for help.

Adam

Welcome from Ga. Also a fellow NY Giants fan. I usually don't go public with that info, as it's a little embarrassing. lol. You'll find this is the best place to be. I also use an MES 40, and this site has really helped me more in 2.5 years, than the previous 10 years combined. Ask many questions and you'll get the answers needed and then some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky