New Member Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grandaddy71

Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
N.E. KS
Hi, everone. A buddy is asking me to smoke a few 3lbs chubs of deer summer sausage. Is it ok to do so and how do I get it done?

Hi, grandaddy71! Wecome aboard!

The first answer to your question is: yes, it's okay to do.

For the basic procedure, I'll defer to my supplier's website, as he smokes lots of sausage, both wild game and domestic.

If you take a look at this Sausage Info Page on his website, you'll see his basic procedure down towards the bottom of the page.

There is also a decent write-up on botulism and trichinosis, which are two forms of food poisoning that you want to be careful about when smoking sausages.

Hope that helps, and hope the venison comes out great! Looking forward to hearing the results!

--Thom

granddaddy71-Welcome to SMF, nice to have you here. Please tell us a bit about yourself, how long you've been smoking foods and what kind of equipment are you using. We like details and we also like photos. Also, you might be interested in checking out the Sausage Forum in the Smoking Meats (and other things).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky