New member says HI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alwayslearning

Original poster
Jan 22, 2023
Hi fellow smokers, curers and experimenters.
I just found this page on google as I wasn’t finding direct answers to my questions on google itself.

I’m pretty new to smoking meats and very new to curing them.

I look forward to discussing and reading some of your experiences.

Catch you all soon

Well you have found the right place for all of your questions to be answered directly and correctly. Glad to have you...

Welcome from ND.
Search forum is great but if can't find, ask and you shall receive.
Fair warning, keep your Checkbook locked up, these guys will use it for you. :emoji_wink:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Fair warning, keep your Checkbook locked up, these guys will use it for you. :emoji_wink:
Welcome from Mississippi! And in our defense....We dont actually spend your money. We just SHOW and discuss things that you just REALLY, REALLY need that you didnt KNOW you needed until it was shown to you. Or at least thats how it goes for me...

Jim

Reactions: Winterrider
Thanks everyone for your friendly responses.
I’ve had some good replies to my thread in the curing forum about curing a whole pig too, everyone seems very friendly so far and I haven’t seen as much of the “this has been discussed” or “dahhh you could have found that” like I’ve seen on other forums, eg gardening, brewing, small engine forums..
Hi know some folks either don’t bother to search or don’t think of it before asking, but I always do, if the info to my questions are out there already then if haven’t found them before needing an answer, so I’ll ask..

Looking forward to having a look at the brewing forums too, I’m still a novice at that too, but on my 4th batch now and even the local mate here that got me into it has only had good things to say regarding his previous sampling of my brews,

Wecome to SMF glad you joined us. You will find we have the best members on this site they will not tell you "do a search" for several reasons. One the search function can be very picky. Two our members like to help and telling someone to do a search isn't helping them. As I said we have the best members

That’s great to hear,, I’ve been around a few forums and some folks might know it all but aren’t very helpful at teaching it, I’m very impressed here so far.
So experts forget that there was a time when they didn’t know as much either, I believe knowledge is learned so it can be shared, but not everyone is the same either.

By the way, I’m from little old New Zealand, (and no it’s not a state of Australia) haha.

I’m getting more self sufficient each year,
Brewing started end of last year, seed saving started years ago, often set sufficient for vegetables, most of our meat comes from our block, eggs are From a mate who has chickens and smoking of meat started last year, with curing experiments starting This year,

True true my friend,
The only place ahead of us mainland kiwis is the Chatham Islands, which is still no but 45mins ahead of us on the mainland,
Ive tried ringing ahead for the latest lottery numbers, but apparently it doesn’t work like that, plus they stop selling tickets an hour before the draw.
Anyway
Hello from the future.

Hi fellow smokers, curers and experimenters.
I just found this page on google as I wasn’t finding direct answers to my questions on google itself.

I’m pretty new to smoking meats and very new to curing them.

I look forward to discussing and reading some of your experiences.

Catch you all soon
Welcome, from South Florida
John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky