new member just started smoking, by Don W

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

don w

Original poster
Dec 24, 2013
From Medford, Wi (north central)

I'm new to the smoke world, but did one batch of jerky this week with venison tender loin, turned out good except I smoked it

to long, I'll take the smoke off and just heat to finish next time. I have a Master Built 30 electric, which seemed to work OK.

Did a lot of reading on your site before I tried first. Got it for Xmas & birthday. Do a lot of cabinet work in the winter also, so

I 1 first made all my chips from wood I have on hand. Dado blade on saw and vac. Cherry-Maple-Hickory-Mestiqe.   

Don

Happy holidays. Happy you joined our forum. Plenty of good information on this site for your MES.  Be sure to join the MES group for even more information of the care and feeding of your new smoker.

Brian

Welcome from Canada, Don.

canada-flag-14.gif

This is a great forum. Lots of great information and nice people.

I look forward to your posts!

Disco

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky