New member in Houston and somewhat new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jackalope

Original poster
Jan 1, 2014
Houston, TX
Hello. George from Katy TX (Houston area). I have been smoking off and on for 20+ years. Learned from my dad in Miss. how to smoke "country cut" ribs on a charcoal vertical smoker. Learned how to smoke chicken quarters from my father-in-law. I've used charcoal, electric, and propane verticle smokers with some success for chicken and ribs but now have a horizontal offset smoker. I thought going with the offset would be hard but I really like it. In fact I got rid of my verticle smoker after my first smoked baby back ribs smoked on my new offset smoker.

I found this site looking for a smoked pork loin recipe. We will see his it turns out.

Welcome George 

Happy you joined our group.  There is always room for another Texan. Hope you take the time to post a few of your smokes!

Brian

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Okay.  The pork loin turned out great!  Used some Apple spice dry rub (probably used a bit too much) and smoked at 250 degrees for 2 hours.  I turned and rotated them after an hour (there were two loins).  Also tied them up before putting in the smoker.  Used charcoal and apple wood chunks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky