New Member Here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DUB_Echo

Original poster
Sep 7, 2021
Hey Everyone!
Finally decided to join the forum. Over the last 2 years I have been getting into smoking. I have a 3 burner Weber gas grill that I’ve been using to smoke with. It’s all I had so I’ve been doing damage on it!
Did turkeys the last 2 thanksgiving, and also have successfully done a bunch of ribs, drumsticks, and smoke mashed potatoes. Unsuccessfully tried brisket and tri tip lol

The propane Weber has served its purpose, but I finally just bought a Master Built 30” Digital Electric Smoker. I wanted something more set and forget, and also I could never do low temperature smokes with the gas grill.
But grilling with wood has really opened my eyes, everything taste so much better with a little smoke flavor
I look forward to sharing some of my smokes and of course will be asking loads of questions!

Welcome to smf a great place here, lots of mes users here , so I'm pretty confident in saying any questions you have will be answered.

Welcome glad to have you. Wish you had joined and asked questions before you bought. You will find that you should have gotten the 40" as a whole rack of ribs will have to be cut to fit the 30". Just my $.02

Warren

Last edited:
Reactions: DUB_Echo
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I’m in Maui, HI
I could only find the 30” in stock here at Lowe’s but definitely would have gotten the 40” if it was available.
From searching around the forum I’m going to pick up an A Maze N pellet tube for sure!
Do you just light it up with a torch and place it at the bottom of the smoker??
Also big time noob question: when do I keep the vent open or closed while smoking?
Thinking I’m going to break it in later today with some tri tip, chicken wings, and veggies

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the forums from Mississippi! Lots of info to be gleaned here. Look forward to your post and pics. Make us jealous with your gorgeous landscapes.

Bearcarver Bearcarver is a guru on the MES.
jim

Welcome to SMF from Houston. Bear is definitely the go to on all that is MES. Good luck. 👍

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I’m in Maui, HI
I could only find the 30” in stock here at Lowe’s but definitely would have gotten the 40” if it was available.
From searching around the forum I’m going to pick up an A Maze N pellet tube for sure!
Do you just light it up with a torch and place it at the bottom of the smoker??
Also big time noob question: when do I keep the vent open or closed while smoking?
Thinking I’m going to break it in later today with some tri tip, chicken wings, and veggies
my opinion keep vent wide open all the time, also i would suggest getting the amnps tray instead of tube, they can give off to much smoke for the mes. also i would look into the mailbox mod.

Reactions: 912smoker
Ah man I just picked up the tube from Lowe’s. They didn’t have the tray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky