• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New member here glad to join you and learning and sharing.

richo11777

Joined Oct 18, 2016
Hello all, my name is Richard I live on the central Queensland coast of Australia. I've just started smoking after wanting to for a long time, I made my own cold/hot smoker for making mainly small goods and bacon. So far I've been making beersticks, bacon, cheeses and kabana. Hope to share my progress and learn from those fellow minded folks who enjoy making their own smoked goods.

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Hello Richard and  
  to you.

Glad you decided to hang out with us

here on this great site.

Pictures of your smoker and smokes are good things.

Have fun.

Ed

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome aboard Richard!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

richo11777

Joined Oct 18, 2016
Here's my smoker, it's an ex chemicals cabinet I garnered from work, found some chrome shelves on the local buy swap sell sight and fitted a UFO cold smoke generator to it, when I want to hot smoke I have a dual electric hot plate in the bottom on a PID temp controller, so far all has gone very well.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.