New Member, Hello !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

supra0001

Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Dallas Ft. Worth, Texas
Hi, I want to introduce myself!  My name is Tim and I just purchased my first electric smoker yesterday!  I have been sniffing them out for about a year but wasn't sure if I wanted to convert.  I've been a meat for smoker over 20 years using the conventional pit style smoker, and pretty much always have great results when hosting large groups and breaking out the briskets and pork butts!  There isn't much left at the end of the night with many compliments having been given.  So therefore you will understand my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.  But the one factor that got me thinking about giving them a try is the convenience, ease of use, etc..Having said all this, I chose the Sam's model #   20070211 MEC 40".  I'm looking forward to using it and tapping into the vast knowledge base this forum has to offer, and I understand that although I have experience, I am going to have to approach this new way (for me) as a newbie because the game has changed, so to speak!  Thanks for this great forum and allowing me to be a part of it.   Tim

Forgot to add some personal info.  I live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, Texas.  Born and raised here, married my born and raised in Texas wife here also!  We love outdoors, camping, cookouts, Harley rides (YEA!),  spending time in the backyard poolside with family and friends, especially the grand daughter, and the Dallas Cowboys!  Ok, go easy on me with that one, but what would you expect? A team like the Giants or Pittsburgh?  Nahh.  

Last edited:
Hi Tim! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky