• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New member from Utah

rynofisher

Joined Oct 28, 2016
Good evening everyone. My name is Ryan, I live in Salt Lake City and I'm just getting into smoking. My father in law got me interested in it when I helped him cook while we were visiting. I love to build stuff so I decided to build my own smoker. After doing some research, I decided to build a reverse flow offset smoker from a couple of 55 gallon drums. I'm planning to do my first cook tomorrow with a roast. Hopefully it works out well.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hi Ryan!

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Nice job on the smoker build!

Al

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to the forum Ryan!  Nice build!  Looking forward to your smokes.

Mike

rynofisher

Joined Oct 28, 2016
Thanks for the compliments on the build. Figured out how to get the smoker tuned in about half way through the first cook. I have 7° to go on the cook, then I get to taste my first smoked meat that I have ever cooked myself. Only problem I had was learning the hard way that these things can have a pretty strong backdraft. Eyebrows are a little shorter, but other than that all is good. Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.