New member from Minnesota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Markl

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 1, 2020
Minnesota
Years of grilling, but no smoking on charcoal and gas. Picked up a Pit Boss Rancher XL R2 a few months ago and going crazy smoking everything!
The R2 has shelving going around it otherwise no difference from a regular Rancher XL. Stumbled on it actually new for $500.
Don't even fire up the old gas grill anymore. Successfully smoked my first brisket yesterday.
Mark

pbsmoker.jpg

Welcome from Mississippi. I know what you mean. Had to clear out a wasp nest on my gas grill the other day.
Jim

Reactions: Markl
Thanks guys! Hey, 1 more post and no more moderator approval! :-)

Congrats and welcome to the site, I stopped using gas quite awhile ago. Don't miss it one bit.

Chris

Welcome from East Texas and Congrats on the Brisket

Gary

Thanks! Spent 4 years in Austin Tx during my Air Force stint (Bergstrom AFB) now the Austin Intl airport. Loved the Texas BBQ!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky