New Masterbuilt-MES Sam's Club W/QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And the 299 price? Thats outstanding (i feel) considering Cabelas wants 399 for the same thing...I will be purchasing one of these...

Cabelas is selling the old unit with the 800 watt "Non Replaceable" heating element for $349 and they have 800 in their warehouse. I called them to see if their unit was the new MES model # 20070710 and it's not!

I'm trying to see if my local SAMS will get one shipped in from another store from down south, but the Manager was not too thrilled with the idea. I'm gonna check another SAMS tomorrow.

Turns out Cabelas has both the Old Model and New Model in-stock. Make sure you get Model # 20070710, it has all the latest updates.

Todd

With the *much* more powerfull element, the same exposure would fry the chips in no time. I don't like how the chip pan is smaller though, and wish they had made it chunk friendly. My goal is to be able to put all the wood in at one time so I don't need to keep messing with it. I'm still kind of sour on my old (pre window) unit dying so I don't think this unit is in my future plans, but the replaceable element is a welcome addition. If only they had added that years ago, I wouldn't have had to buy a propane unit.

I picked up one Wed. at the SAMS on Buckner in Dallas. I called and they had 8 in stock (now 7) for 299.00 and also got the 39.00 3 yr warranty. Thanks for the heads up.

James

Wish I new that last year
icon_mrgreen.gif

Just picked the new model up at Cabelas store for $349 - $20 online certificate.

The new model has black sides, ss door, replaceable 1200 watt "Replaceable" element, window, light and built-in meat temp probe.

On Monday, my local Cabelas had the "Old Model" and by chance today, they had the new models on the floor.

New Model # 20070710

Just checked the wattage with a meter and it reads 1245-1269 watts. Light and controls seem to take 22 watts.

Todd

Hi guys....and a HAPPY NEW YEAR from a noob. Happy Noob Year then?
icon_redface.gif

Anyhoo, do the new 30" models have these modifications regarding wiring and increased wattage? I am going to take the plunge and get my first smoker and needless to say the wiring issues with the MES (I have spent HOURS looking at the archives...and historical documents
icon_smile.gif
) have me a bit bugged out.

And being a Costco member and NOT a Sam's club member makes me wonder if I am S.O.L here. Any direction would be appreciated. I sure as smoke do NOT want to end up with the older version of the MES and I am probably NOT interested in the 40 incher. Thanks in advance...and it is a true honor to be amongst you ladies and gents who obviously know how to live and eat life to the fullest. I am excited to be part of this forum!! Enough of the lurking and time to get smoking!

Welcome To SMF...

Don't forget to stop by Roll Call and Introduce yourself to us and tell us a little about your equipment and experience.

That will give everyone a chance to properly welcome you...

The benefits of the 40" MES far out weigh the price difference between the two. At the Sams Club Price you are only talking $100.00 difference. The width of the 40" gives you the ability to smoke a whole rack of ribs without having to cut it in half. It also has the Stainless steel Door and the higher watt element. You will find that the 24' width as opposed to the 17" width will be very handy once you get into smoking.

I agree Paul 100 %.

...and to top it all off, you folks are so dang agreeable most of the time....uh..politics aside. ;)

I picked up a 30" model 20070110 from Home Depot Yesterday for $249 and still can't figure out what I got.. The label on the back says 800Watt so I'm guessing it's the old model? But it's got the stainless front and black sides which describes the new models. It's also got the newer style wood loader too.

Anyway, I smoked a rack of baby backs today and it held the heat fine so I'm not really concerned about the wattage. As far as fitting a rack I took an old rack grate and bent it to a curve so the ribs lay on it and will fit. I lost a useable rack but I don't see me needing more than a rack or 2 at a time.

I thought about reselling it or trying to return it and getting the 40" at Sams but my local one doesn't have it and doesn't show it in their system, at least that's what they said on the phone..

That is a pretty good deal for just $50 more though.

I think the original 30' had a 500 watt element. If you have the new chip loader it must be the new model. Is there any way to return what you got? I know for sure Sam's will have the new ones real soon.

Sam's is a good deal since you can get a 3 year warrantee for 39 dollars.

Anyway, good luck on whatever you do.

Home Depot shows a 90 day return, I'll have to check and see if there are any specifics. I hate to return something that works just because I found something better.. But, that's where the retail battle for the customer comes in. I worked for WalMart back when they would take anything back. People would bring something in with a yard sale price tag and exchange it for a new one..

I guess if my local Sams gets them in within the next month or so I'll look at it. Maybe my control panel will die and I'll have a legitimate return..

ryanhoelzer;414444 said:
Home Depot shows a 90 day return, I'll have to check and see if there are any specifics. I hate to return something that works just because I found something better.. But, that's where the retail battle for the customer comes in. I worked for WalMart back when they would take anything back. People would bring something in with a yard sale price tag and exchange it for a new one..

I guess if my local Sams gets them in within the next month or so I'll look at it. Maybe my control panel will die and I'll have a legitimate return..[/quote]

I hear you. Take the control panel off and put in the freezer for a few days.
biggrin.gif

Just kidding.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Ronp for the pics and detective work on the new MES 40" from Sams.

There simply is no comparison of any similar electric smoker to the Sam's MES 40" model and with all of its features at that price. It will be interesting to see how the new model works, and since a few already have made the purchase, we anxiously await reports. I am very curious how the extra wattage and the reduced size of the wood chips tray works out.

I received a 40" MES for Christmas, my wife bought it for $399 at Gander Mountain. It was the 20070508 model. After hearing here about the new model, I opened it up, confirmed it was the 800 watt, non-replacable element version - but that's as far as I got since we're in the middle of what is a very cold January for Houston anyway.

Needless to say, I began looking for "the new model" 'round here at a local Sam's Club. Called many Sam's Clubs around town, could not find one that had any of the Masterbuilts in stock, not even in their system - of course it's no longer on their website either. I called Masterbuilt directly and asked them if they could tell me where in Houston I could find a new MES 40 - nope, no luck with Masterbuilt, they were friendly however. Then I called Sam's Club corporate headquarters to see if they could direct me to a local Sam's Club with the new MES 40 - nope they could not.

Finally, after more calling, I found a Sam's Club here in Houston with the new MES 40. So today I went to Gander and returned the 20070508, then went over and purchased the new MES 40 at Sam's Club - coincidentally very close-by the Gander Mountain store
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
. I had to join Sam's Club - since we live 2 miles from Costco, we're members there. However, even after the annual membership fee, I still saved money by returning the "old" version of the MES 40 to Gander, and purchasing the new MES 40 from Sams.

At Sam's Club, I had an opportunity to "put my hands on" the display unit and confirmed it is the new model. First thing I confirmed was the label on back showing it was in fact a 1,200 watt element. I also saw what appeared to be a small removable panel on the back, presumably for some type of serviceing of the unit, if required. This panel was not present on the 20070508 I returned to Gander. I also confirmed the smaller, more centered chip tray - all else looked like the older MES 40 I returned to Gander.

I haven't opened up the box of the new MES 40 from SClub yet, but again, I did look over the display model pretty well. O nly thing I see different than what has been reported here is the model number on the box for the Sam's Club MES 40 is 20070810. See photo's of the box attached.

I'm looking forward to a little "easy-Que". I started years ago on a bullet smoker, moved to a Bandara, then to an Oklahoma Joe offset unit made from almost 1/4 inch steel plate - done some very good Q on all of them - mostly brisket, but also done Pork Butts, Port Loins, Whole Chickens, Half Chickens, and of course lots of ribs - never a turkey though. About 2 years back, I went ahead and bought the "afterburner" double burner H model so I can fire the Okla Joe with Propane.

And my pre-Afterburn Okla Joe, during a pre-cook stick burner warm-up:

Thanks Gents for all the good info here. I will "season" my new 1,200 watt MES 40 as soon as I get a break from this "cold snap" here in Houston. Evidently, its been a few decades since we've had this many nights in a row of freezing temps.
eek.gif

Treytexag.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky