New LSG "Texas" Edition, thoughts...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a big LSG fan. I own two of their pits.

I believe this one is driven by the finicky market and is a "me too" so they don't miss sales that otherwise might land with Franklin, Mill Scale, Shirley, . . . . . . . Franklin and Mill Scale started the trend and now everyone is getting on board. I was quite surprised when Shirley started making them. Sales for the "Franklin" style pits must be cannibalizing the sales of other offerings for LSG, Shirley, etc.

My personal view is the Franklin is simply a down size of his big pits at the restaurant and will eat a lot of fuel. You basically cook with the door open on his consumer pit. The YouTube reviews of the Franklin are amusing to me. Some of the technical claims made are not well founded.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky