New Life for a Traeger Texas 075

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

C2D2

Original poster
Apr 6, 2023
I recently picked up a Traeger Texas 075 from the curb, got it home, tested it, and it fired right up (transparently, I knew it “worked” because the owner posted on Facebook they were getting rid of it and said it was fine). While it’s in okay shape, my biggest problem is that the control board is all analog and the RTD probe has broken off.

I’m shopping control boards and am vastly overwhelmed with the options. I wouldn’t mind Wi-Fi/Bluetooth capability, but it’s not a deal breaker. It seems like there are three options: digital “dumb” thermostats, PID’s, and then full blown smart units. Having never done this before and wanting to be relatively price conscious: what would y’all recommend? I’ve been looking at the Direct Igniter, but am open to other suggestions. (Picture for giggles)

Attachments

• AC9E31FD-8783-4E61-9C94-1B929966D2FB.jpeg
    AC9E31FD-8783-4E61-9C94-1B929966D2FB.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 35
I recently picked up a Traeger Texas 075 from the curb, got it home, tested it, and it fired right up (transparently, I knew it “worked” because the owner posted on Facebook they were getting rid of it and said it was fine). While it’s in okay shape, my biggest problem is that the control board is all analog and the RTD probe has broken off.

I’m shopping control boards and am vastly overwhelmed with the options. I wouldn’t mind Wi-Fi/Bluetooth capability, but it’s not a deal breaker. It seems like there are three options: digital “dumb” thermostats, PID’s, and then full blown smart units. Having never done this before and wanting to be relatively price conscious: what would y’all recommend? I’ve been looking at the Direct Igniter, but am open to other suggestions. (Picture for giggles)
If you haven't decided yet (sorry older thread reply here) I installed a Savannah Smoker unit on my 075 and it is great, a bit more expensive, but gives you tons of capabilities. No WIFI/Bluetooth though. Super easy install, and I beleive it comes with a new RTD and food probe as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky