New Knife Sharpener

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Acquired a new knife sharpener, the Chef's Choice Model 110 3-stage sharpener. Tried it on a few knives and it did a good job, created a nice burr, then honed it well.
110.gif

110hd.gif
Chef'sChoiceÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Diamond Hone Multi-StageÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] #110:
This professional, electric knife sharpener safely and quickly gives kitchen, sports and pocket knives an incredibly sharp, longer-lasting edge with no guesswork. Patented three-stage process, 100% diamond abrasives and fool-proof BiLevelÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] magnetic guides create razor-sharp TrizorÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] edges. Sharpens the entire edge of kitchen, fishing, hunting and pocket-knives. Safe for quality knives. Acclaimed worldwide by serious cooks and renowned chefs. Two year limited warranty. UL/ETL and Canadian Approval. Assembled in the U.S.A.

Hi pops! I've got the same sharpener. I've read a few comments here from people who didn't care for them but, it's always worked great for me. Easy to use and puts and nice edge on a knife.

Happy smokes

Sorry for bumping an old thread but just got a Chef's Choice Model 120 at Gander Mountain and wanted to say love it. 1st try and sharp enough to shave hair. Was cheaper the store then at their site even.

Mine works great too. Put a edge on the blade that removed a layer of skin on my thumb but it was such a thin layer that it didnt even bleed.

I like the 3rd level. Now that i have good edges on i can just use the 3rd stage ever 4-5 months and were good.

I have had the Diamond Hone 315 model for years, works good.

I've only got two good knives and have been looking for an electric sharpener, since I don't have honing skills yet.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

This is good news of this product working well. I'll have to make this next on my list of purchases ...

Hey C2...thanks for the bump. Somehow I missed this thread. I want one of these! I still use a steel rod, but I know 3 stage sharpeners are great, and have wanted one for a few years. With this, I now have even more reason to get one.

Appreciate the added info from all, too.

i like to do mine by hand and nothing beats my warthog. it gets my knives razor sharp (yes i can shave with my knife) and does not remove a lot of metal like the electric models

I have one of these:

Attachment 21523

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chef's Choice Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener

It is the best electric sharpener I have ever seen, converts standard 22 degree knives to the Asian 15 degree edge and the 3rd stage strops the edge as good as a steel. Just run through stage 3 when the knife starts to feel a little dull and it is shaving sharp again. I got it because when my sons and some friends were over helping butcher all I ever got to do was keep the knives sharp. This frees me up to actually cut some meat.
[/font]

24506da0_vbattach21523.jpg

Not for me. Seems every time I would sharpen my knife I would never get the same angle. So had to start course and work up. Lanskey worked good but was slow and seemed if you didn't get it clamped exactly the same every time it also changed angles. Might removed alot in time if you use the coarse (stage 1) but since most times all it would need is a couple swipes on the strop side (stage 3) not too worried.

I got the 220 model. I use it about 1x per month on stages 2 & 3 on all my knives, and then just use a stick steel each time I use a knife. Works well and keeps all my knives sharp all the time. Look on E-bay for the electric sharpeners, can get some good deals that way.

Get a steel also, my parents used a grinder to sharpen a knife before every use, extreme yes. there is nothing left of their knives but nubs. Sharpen with a grinder rarely and use a steel before use to remove the burr and preserve the edge

I have the model 130, and it works like a charm! There is a significant downside, though.

Whenever we go to visit friends or family, the expect me to bring it and do their knives!

Just a note about steels - they're (now I know there's exceptions, but..) not meant to sharpen a knife, the purpose of the steel is to set up the burr'd edge vertical vs. laying to one side or the other.

Now, I know in recent years (like the last 20... yes, I'm ooolllldddd... lol!) they've come out with ceramic and diamond dust steels that actually remove metal. In those cases, they're not performing as a steel, but as a long, thin portable sharpener that will put a burr on an edge. You'd still set up the burr with a conventional steel, however!

Pops §§

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky