New jack from NE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AvsGbrBbq

Original poster
Dec 23, 2020
Hey gang, I'm a new guy from Nebraska. Been on here many times for tips/recipes/advice but just now made an account as I am getting more curious about serious smoking. Right now just using a Traeger for smoking/grilling but really looking to getting an offset.

Looking for recommendations on a good starter offset as well as tips/advice for a novice like myself.

Thanks, looking forward to being apart of the page!

Welcome from Iowa! Glad to have ya join us. Sorry can't help with offset questions but sure someone will chime in

Ryan

Reactions: AvsGbrBbq
Welcome to the forums, happy to have ya join the fun. You may want to look at craigslist for a good used offset. Some of the less expensive offsets available in the box stores cause more headaches and frustration then their worth. I had a char-griller offset and had to babysit it the throughout the hole cooking process. Decided to pony up the same amount of money again and got a WSM 22, and never looked back. I know the WSM isn't an offset, but it's very easy to use and puts out great food.

Chris

Reactions: AvsGbrBbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky