New here and to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

medic 29

Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
Hello, my name is Rick. I've been wanting to figure out this process of smoking meats for quite awhile. I recently purchased a smoker made by Dyna-Glo. It has an offset fire/smoke box. I have a couple of digital thermometers to use in the smoker which will allow me to monitor the temp remotely. I'm hoping to learn a lot, but patience is not my virtue.[emoji]128515[/emoji] I'm looking forward to any and all advice that will allow me to be successful.

What else? I'm a nurse and paramedic, thus my username. I live in Pesotum, IL which is just south of Champaign, IL.

Welcome to the group Rick!  I use smoking to escape the hectic work week, which includes being on call every other week. I love the feeling of starting a long smoke on a brisket or a butt when I don't have to answer the phone for two days!

Mike

Welcome to the party Rick. I've only been here for a few months myself, but trust me you won't find a better bunch of people to hang out with.
I've learned some great tips and recipes here. Made a few friends too.
I'm sure in time you'll do the same. Just be patient with your cooks...some will be good, some will be really good and some not so much. Just keep at it. There's nothing better then starting a cook and just chilling out on a weekend. It's great just to slow down for a bit to enjoy the family and friends with a great BBQ !!!!!
:welcome1:

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky