New herb garden

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
Well I got the herbs in along with a couple tomatoe plants. The herbs planted are: garlic chives, cilantro, thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary. First venture in culinary herbs outside so we will see.

your gonna love it rick-so nice to harvest herbs & dry inside.

i cant even think about a garden yet saw snow today but good for you ive used all the herbs i grew in my wimdow box so its either dry or store bought be careful some weeds (HERBS) WILL GET TOTALY OUTTA CONTROL and take over a garden
i guess thet just means more
biggrin.gif

I made the mistake of planting mint in an open bed. (what a mess) stuff took over the whole bed and ended up having to round up to get rid of it.

Gonna try some herbs myself this year, after planting a rosemary bush last spring it has been great having fresh Rosemary all winter. It appears to have survived the winter although the tips got burned off a month or so back.

eman: good to know about the mint

Well mixed success with the herb garden.  Rosemary, Lavendar, chives, thyme, did fine.  Oregano, basil, sage, all died.  Did some research and found many herbs do porly with wood chip mulches.  OOPS>  Next year will set some clay pots in the bed partially burried and go that route. 

We have herbs scattered around the yard, but are in the process of making a raised herb garden near the back door so it's more convenient to get to them. Fresh herbs sure taste better than dried, but don't forget you have to use a little more fresh to get the same flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky