New hard Nitrided CI Pans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The store was busy when we were in there but I'll go back to check it out more when it's not as busy.

I have not used mine yet I have to pick up some grape seed oil or something first and that means driving 30-45 minutes away. I'll probably get it next week

Finally got back to our TJMaxx a couple times over the last week, and scored a set of skillets (8,10 & 12) for both daughter and I.
Are you guys seasoning as you would for CI, and cleanup the same? I’ve planned on doing that, and haven’t yet had time to do so ... but the printed material on the pan says ‘dishwasher safe’ ... expect sure, as far as the pan goes, but that would strip seasoning.
SIL has already had stuff stick and think he was using like a regular frying pan, and would like to know how you are faring.

I went out shopping with the wife the other day and while at the discount store I spied these for 15 a piece so I grabbed a couple to try......
View attachment 474742
View attachment 474743
I washed them clean and skimmed them with some grape seed oil and the in the pellet grill @ 425 for 2 hours (I didn’t want to go too hot due to the handles....they came out looking very very nice...
View attachment 474741

I’ve done some cooking on them and they are slick suckers, and they are now my fav fry pan in the kitchen. So much so when the wife texted yesterday from the discount store yesterday and said they had some more I pleaded with her to buy the lot (now have 8”, 3-10”, 12”)!!!! So Santa came to town....
You still use these? I had put them away for what ever reason and went back to CI. I love CI except they really need to be cleaned while still hot and sometimes dont feel like it. I got these back out today and washed them. Going to try to put back in service.

You still use these? I had put them away for what ever reason and went back to CI. I love CI except they really need to be cleaned while still hot and sometimes dont feel like it. I got these back out today and washed them. Going to try to put back in service.
We were using them then got the Hexclad..... The Hex have replaced even our CI for searing.... We are still keeping our CI because we still like them for some stuff though. I still use them camping and when cooking in the smoker.
Since this has been bumped up.
Can you tell me more about this seasoning in a pellet grill?
Oh, easy, since CI smoke and stink when seasoning, I clean up my pellet and then run it at 550 with the CI pans in them vs the house...... No stink in the house!

Last edited:
Tks. Got a couple new CS pans I need to do. Ones a 16" and that will make it easier.
you can also do many at once. I can get 6 big ones on the 1250 at one time. Just flip the upside down and season away. I also thing that 550 does a better seasoning as well.

For what it’s worth we got the 600 some set and added……..a fry set is only 330 or so. They also have a couple 2 pan sets a fry and a sauce. I would start out with a set of fry…… and then if you like them add a set of sauce later…..just trying to earn my enabler badge.

As an FYI, GR is still using them in Hells Kitchen he has like 15k worth stacked up in each kitchen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky