New guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eng5lt

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
NJ
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm addicted to sweet and spicy smoked meat products. 
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm new to the forum, but have been playing around with bbq for a few years.  My buddy has an electric smoker that we get pretty good results with.  And from time to time I'll throw a smoker box of chips on my propane Weber grill. 

Looking to take it to the next level and planning to get a horizontal offset smoker over the winter.  I've been reading here on the options and all the mods.  I think I have it all planned out.  Looking at a Chargriller or Charbroil with the firebox and then doing all the mods to improve it (sealing, tuning plates, paint, etc, etc.) 

I'm in the process of the reading Jeff's 5 day course now. 

Otherwise, I'm from NJ, work as a firefighter full time, enjoy good beer and bbq and do a lot of surf fishing. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky