New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stix818

Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Just want to drop in and say hi.. I was on my racing forum looking for some recipes and someone recommended this one..  Browsed the forum and now I have a new Smoker along with Temp Gauge from A-MAZE-N Products and a menu for tomorrow's dinner.. Thanks for the recommendations and recipes.. Going to do some ribs, chicken and mac & chz tomorrow.. Look forward to exchanging ideas.. Thanks once again!!!

Vince

Hi Vince, Glad to have you with us...

When you ordered from Amaze-N-Products did you notice their Amaze-N-Smoker?   A lot of us use them here for both cold and hot smoking. You might want to put them on your wishlist.

Also why don't you stop in the roll call thread and tell everyone a little bit about you and your experience and equipment. That way everyone will have a chance to welcome you.

What kind of smoker did you get, you said you have a new one?

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Last edited:
Here we go again with the duplicate posts...

DELETED DUPLICATE POST

Last edited:
Thanks.. Pretty cool place!!!  Beer-B-Q, will do.. I ended up getting a Master Forge.. Nothing special but better than what I had.. Could you tell me a little bit about that smoker?  I was on his site, wasn't quite sure what it was about..

welcome1.gif

Just spend a little time reading the forum, you're gonna love it here.

Good day to you all!

I am one of the folks who is currently (highly) enjoying my foray into meat/spice smoking.  My wife and son purchased a "beginner's" smoker for my birthday this year.  After several non-stop weekends of smoke-filled joy, my wife noticed that my smoker was starting to show a lot of wear and tear.  Now mind you, I take great care of my cooking "tools", but my wife thought it only proper to upgrade to the largest Weber Smokey Mountain smoker.

My co-workers at the hospital have since named me, "Smoke Shack."  My wife and son are happy and our cholesterol and sodium levels are still normal ;-)

I look forward to sharing and learning with you all.

Best,

Chris

b73b12dc_IMG00768-20110409-1806.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky