New Guy with CB question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinpoboy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Twin Cities
Hi Everyone.

I've been smoking and grilling for many years but only recently been into curing and smoking. I'm hooked. I've learned alot from this site and had to join up.

So here's my first question for the group.

I decided to do up my first Canadian bacon with a 10 pound loin. I cut it into 3 pieces and cured for 13 days in Pops brine with some added spice infusion. I took them out of the brine Monday afternoon and soaked them, with plans to smoke on Wednesday. Well it's now Thursday and do to an unforeseen job popping up I wont be able to smoke them until Saturday. I had rubbed 2 pieces with rub and was letting them rest and dry up. last night I wrapped them back up in plastic.

Will they be ok until Saturday? Ive let my pastrami set for 3 days before smoking, but I'm a bit nervous about 5 days for the CB.

I know they are cured well because I took the third piece and made pea meal bacon with it. Yummy! It's already gone. I love Pop's Brine. When I got the word on Tuesday thatI had to work this week I ran out and picked up some turkey breasts and a mess o legs to brine for the Saturday smoke. I'm going for it anyway and I'm sure it'll be fine but you all have done this way more than me.

Thanks all.

Bryan

Might have a difference in the flavor profile.  Could be better or worse.

I don't see a problem if the meat was fully cured?

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky