New guy ready to buy my first smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Aaron.

Thanks Tom. I do like the ease of use of the cabinet smokers. In your opinion, could an electric cabinet be used inside a screened in porch?

I sure think so. Honestly they don't produce much smoke and as long as it's ventilated properly it wouldn't be an issue. I mean I've fired mine up in the garage now and it was alright. Just make sure there's an air flow through the porch. I don't know if you got a fancy sun room esque one or not. Might want to take the wife's cushions inside before running it though.. Lol.

I personally would never use one in an enclosed space like that. A woodchip/ pellet flare up could mean catastrophe. That's just me though. Unless you are going to watch it 100% of the time.

I personally would never use one in an enclosed space like that. A woodchip/ pellet flare up could mean catastrophe. That's just me though. Unless you are going to watch it 100% of the time.
I was just ruminating on a way to keep it secure when I can't watch it although we have never had a problem with that.
The fire risk and smoke is enough to nix it.

Even if no danger of fire (and I make this statement lightly) there is residue from the smoke.

Warren
Staining the walls, ceiling and the ceiling is under the attic so I'm sure smoke would get up there too.

Right now <due to winter> I'm hauling my MES into my garage when not in use. Otherwise it's right outside the back door of the garage. When I can, I plan to either buy or build a small enclosure for it. I'm not worried about starting things on fire. I've seen people build smoker sheds for stick burners. But the only thing you won't see me use is a Pellet Burner. Major money sink and they are the most prone to failures. <If you look around, you can also find videos of them suffering quite literally explosive failure>

You scared to fly too? Plug and smoke my friend, like any and all you neglect/misuse, you (may) lose. Im sure you got some lip smackin going on player. #PitBossNation

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky