new guy from tx

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zachyweezer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Hello, everybody. My name's Zach.

I've been a lurker here for several years. The amount of sausage making/BBQ insights I've picked up from y'all is staggering. So, thanks for the knowledge! Sausage making became a thing for me around 2015-2016, when I helped my uncle process some meat at his deer lease. It quickly became a passion of mine, and I will always consider myself a student. Even after eight or so years of doing this, I still feel that I get a little better with each batch.

Anyway, I'm from east Texas and love a variety of different sausages. I've always had a love for the central Texas beef offerings, so brisket sausage is something I make pretty often. The flavor profile is so simple yet delicious. Pork deserves love too, and I actually made a batch of an all pork jalapeno/cheese just a couple of weeks ago. I was trying a new spice blend I'd put together that included a healthy dose of sage, an ingredient I don't typically use in smoked sausages. Venison is a treat. I'm not a hunter, however, so I rarely get the opportunity to throw it into the grinder.

I'm lucky enough to have a few options for smoking meats. At the moment, I'm really enjoying my PitBoss vertical smoker. It's easy and gives me excellent results. You can really dial in some low temps, especially in these cooler months. I also have a little smokehouse. It needs a bit of TLC, mostly in the way of a new door, but the stove is pretty rusted out in spots as well. One of these days I'll get that stuff taken care of. :)

Enough rambling. I'm going to see about making some sausage either this weekend or the next. I'll take some pics and bring you guys along.

Nice meeting y'all!

madhouse.jpg

Reactions: zachyweezer

I've been a lurker here for several years. The amount of sausage making/BBQ insights I've picked up from y'all is staggering. So, thanks for the knowledge! Sausage making became a thing for me around 2015-2016, when I helped my uncle process some meat at his deer lease. It quickly became a passion of mine, and I will always consider myself a student. Even after eight or so years of doing this, I still feel that I get a little better with each batch.

Anyway, I'm from east Texas and love a variety of different sausages. I've always had a love for the central Texas beef offerings, so brisket sausage is something I make pretty often. The flavor profile is so simple yet delicious. Pork deserves love too, and I actually made a batch of an all pork jalapeno/cheese just a couple of weeks ago. I was trying a new spice blend I'd put together that included a healthy dose of sage, an ingredient I don't typically use in smoked sausages. Venison is a treat. I'm not a hunter, however, so I rarely get the opportunity to throw it into the grinder.

I'm lucky enough to have a few options for smoking meats. At the moment, I'm really enjoying my PitBoss vertical smoker. It's easy and gives me excellent results. You can really dial in some low temps, especially in these cooler months. I also have a little smokehouse. It needs a bit of TLC, mostly in the way of a new door, but the stove is pretty rusted out in spots as well. One of these days I'll get that stuff taken care of. :)

Enough rambling. I'm going to see about making some sausage either this weekend or the next. I'll take some pics and bring you guys along.

Nice meeting y'all!
Hello from Beeville Texas

Reactions: DinnerIsComing

Nice meeting y'all!
Wilkommen from New Braunfels Tx - Wurst Capital of Texas !

HT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky