New guy from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hak1906texas

Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
I am new to the forum, live in North Texas (Frisco).  I have an old country bbq pit smoker (pecos) I bought from academy.  I love it and it getting used to it. 

I like to smoke, brisket, baby back ribs, sausage (zummo, elgin and south side market), boudain and turkeys.  There's nothing better than being outside on my pit with a pack of cold beers to let the day go by.  I just received an Ivation long range wireless thermometer.  I'll test it out this weekend. 

The Dallas, North Texas area has a lot of good bbq places.  I like lockharts and ten50.  Their brisket is outstanding.  Glad to join fellow bbq pit lovers.

Reactions: Weaverspitbbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky