New Guy from Illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Murdy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 10, 2019
North Central Illinois
Hello!
I've been smoking stuff in my backyard for a couple years now (gas grill with a fire box and a Weber Kettle) and been pretty happy with the results (mostly ribs, pulled pork, and a few briskets), but recently got the urge to step it up a notch. Picked up a display unit Masterbuilt, but haven't put it into service yet, but will soon.

Hit 50 a few years back, spent about half my life in northern Wisconsin, other half in north-central Illinois, outside of a stint in the Army. Beyond BBQ, smoking, and cooking, I like to fish, hunt, garden, and tinker with things.

Glad to have found this forum.

Welcome from next door (Indiana). We're glad you found us as well. Smoking meat and everything else is a great past time for the next 50 years. Let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join up

Chris

Welcome glad to have you on board lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info. What king of smoker did you get gas or electric?

Warren

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It's an electric Masterbuilt. I was stumbling through Lowe's one day and found it sitting amongst the clearance appliances, stainless with a window, fired it up just to make sure it works, but that's it so far.

Good morning and welcome from a rainy East Texas

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky