New guy from Central California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

punchinthemouth

Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Hello everyone. This is my first post here and I really look forward to being part of the community. In a mid-40s guy in Visalia California and have been grilling and cooking for about 25 years. I have smoked a few things here and there on a Brinkman Gourmet electric and was pleased with the results. Recently my best friend got a wood/charcoal smoker and has been turning out some great meats. We often grill together and are working our way up to a brisket. It looks like there is a wealth of information here that will help keep me from making "rookie" mistakes and ruining dinners.

PS. The name is a reference to my favorite cigar.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!  Sorry but I don't know what brdinners or the cigar reference are.  Still glad to have you with us.

Mike

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another cloudy but hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky