New Guy From Brisbane, Australia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

filliphy

Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Hi guys,

I have just recently become interested in smoking meat, and found this forum through google. I have lurked for about 2 weeks, just reading the posts, and looking at Q-View. Q-view!
eek.gif
What can I say, but that is what sold me on smoking meat. The ring, the moist tenderness, and the thought of the taste of some of those rubs.

I have purchased a Smokenator Hovergrill Kit that is jetting it's way down my way as we speak, and should arrive soon (not damn near quick enough(but then, I'm impatient)). And then I think that I will read a bit more, clean up the Weber, and then give it a go!

Fingers Crossed, and thanks for the all the help in the future (i'm sure I'll need it).

AL.

Welcome to SMF, mate! I assume ya signed up for the 5 day ecourse already... and by God...if you need to learn patience, smoking will do alot for ya... LOL!

Enjoy!

Welcome to SMF! Great people on this site and will help any way they can.

Can't wait to see a pic of that new smoker!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to the site. As already said if you have signed up for the free 5 day ecourse do so, it will help a bunch
Good luck to ya.

Welcome to the forum , and good luck with your new smoker. There is always plenty of good information here.

Welcome to the forum, AL. I look forward to hearing of your smoking adventures.

By the way, if you want an outstanding rub and/or sauce recipe, be sure to order them directly from Jeff. I don't believe you will ever find better ones!

When you have questions, please ask them. We're a friendly bunch who are always willing to help!

Welcome to the smf. Glad you stopped lurking. Post some pics of your new smoker when you get it. Great to see smf going international.

Kookie

Welcome! I spent a year living in Australia and I think it is the perfect place. My best memories of Australia were the people. Everywhere I went people were very nice and eager to show me their country.

One thing I learned real quick was that when invited to a BBQ you have to be prepared to DRINK heavily and have a good time.

Can you send me over a slab of Coopers red label?
icon_lol.gif

Welcome to the SMF, best smokin' site on the net. I can tell you're really excited about smokin, let us know when your smoker arrives, and maybe a pic or two!

another aussie in here mate im a queenslander too , lived in brissy for 20 years but im out in the bush now. i have been smoking for probably 2 years maybe . and all i use is the old weber , although i am partway through building an offset .
any way welcome to ya and enjoy . if you need any advice on aussie to american recipe conversions ingredients and stuff i may be able to help see ya round.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky