New Guy from Alaska

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alaskanbear

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 24, 2011
Winnsboro, Texas
Benn reading the absolutely wonderful hints, guides,ideas associated with smoking--Amazing!! A huge wealth of knowledge and information here.

I hunt fish and EAT! Wild game is my first preference with pork and foul coming next. I smoke, can fish, and almost all types of game; moose, caribou, bear (black only), elk, deer, grouse, rabbits, ducks, geese, salmon (5 varieties), trout, burbot, halibut and the associated cods and other sea going fish. 

Been ready to do my own Canadian Bacon and that in itself is what brought me to this site.  Wonders what Google can find and I am now thankful for it.

Salmon season is just about upon us, and I can both lightly smoked, and raw fish, roughly 300-400 lbs alone. I do gift my family with the excess, how ever little that may be.

I hope to learn more and cannot wait until my first attempt at Canadian Bacon using a pork loin.  Feel free to set me straight should I wander down the wrong path to the "perfect" meat.

BTW, I am 61, so should fit in with Pops and Dave...lol

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Be sure to put a general location on where you are located in your profile this helps us when answering questions you might have.

Also for those of you new to smoking,  Get a good Probe Thermometer as we smoke by Temperature NOT TIME.

A good choice for a remote dual probe thermometer is the Maverick ET-732

welcome1.gif
Good to see ya here ENJOY

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome, glad you found us. I know you Alaskans have some great meat smoking and curing tips you might share to expand our repertoires.

Enjoy the smokey ride, Dave

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky