New guy checkin in..from Jersey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Xiuhxoxoauhqui-not

Original poster
Jul 16, 2022
Pre-seasoning my fresh out of the box MasterBuilt electric smoker and figured to check in and shorten my learning curve with you experts. Happy to be able to wade into the knowledge pool when needed. Planning to start with a couple pork picnic roasts and 2 chuck roasts, for tacos tonight. User name is the Aztec god of blue fire. Do not ask me how to pronounce that. Blue as in smoker smoke and cigar smoke, both of which will be unmistakable in my part of NJ for the weekend. Enjoy all and be safe!

Reactions: negolien
Nice welcome aboard buddy
madhouse.jpg

Welcome from RI.

If you bought a digital model read on.

First thing that I highly suggest is purchasing a quality dual/multi probe thermometer.The stock MES probes aren't all that accurate.And it should also have a hi/lo temp alarm.Inkbird makes great therms.

The second thing I'll suggest is purchasing an Amazen pellet tray or tube.These can provide up to 10 hours of continuous smoke and it will save you the hassle of loading chips every 1/2 hour.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Welcome from RI.

If you bought a digital model read on.

First thing that I highly suggest is purchasing a quality dual/multi probe thermometer.The stock MES probes aren't all that accurate.And it should also have a hi/lo temp alarm.Inkbird makes great therms.

The second thing I'll suggest is purchasing an Amazen pellet tray or tube.These can provide up to 10 hours of continuous smoke and it will save you the hassle of loading chips every 1/2 hour.
I have the MB20077618 Analog Electric Smoker. What is the verdict on covering the grates to make clean-up easier? Seems like some threads feel it's ok, but manufacturer warns against it. Thanks.

Welcome from SE Arizona.
Covering the grates with foil will block the smoke.
Soaking the grates in water for half an hour will loosen up the gunk so the grates are easier to clean.
Definitely line the water pan and bottom of the smoker with foil for easier clean up.
If you should encounter very little or no smoke production, leave the chip loader pulled out about an inch or two for better air flow.

Welcome to SMF!
Glad to have you join us!
Plenty of guys on here with your smoker to help you if needed!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky