New guy alert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Feeling dangerous

Original poster
Jun 14, 2022
Howdy all,

Bramd new as of 10 min ago and wanted to say hello. I live in Cypress, TX outside of Houston and am really new to the pellet scene. I researched options for the past two months before biting the bullet yesterday and pulling the trigger on the Pitts and Spitts Maverick 1250. i ended up prioritizing a few things that became the leading factors behind my decision:

- made in US
- welded, heavy steel
- large hopper
- tradition
- bonus made in Texas

i really loved the Lone Star Grillz 24x36 but I’d be looking at 18+ weeks or more to receive and losing the summer grilling season. That would have been my number 1 had the lead time not been so long.

Coming from a gas grill / charcoal guy, this is a big step I can’t wait to take. Beef ribs, brisket, etc is going to be an absolute blast! the P&S folks are saying 4-6 weeks so hope to be doing first cook mid July.

Look forward to learning from the board and hearing stories from y’all as well!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
welcome
madhouse.jpg

Are you strictly a pork guy or do you get into the beef ribs, etc?
I cook about anything. Beef, pork, poultry, I make bacon, sausage, etc. I really don't mess with ribs often, because I'm not into paying for a pile of bones with a little meat. I know I will get flamed for this, but I want to cook meat, not bones.

I cook about anything. Beef, pork, poultry, I make bacon, sausage, etc. I really don't mess with ribs often, because I'm not into paying for a pile of bones with a little meat. I know I will get flamed for this, but I want to cook meat, not bones.
Makes sense. There’s just something about a big Dino size hunk of exceptional beef that I’ll never quit. Pork ribs, I could take em or leave em.

Reactions: bigfurmn and DougE
Geez don't get him started. We had to hear about it all dec-jan
😂 I just want him to know that as a kid growing in in Austin and burnt orange to the core, John Lastinger really wrecked shop on me as a kid QBing Georgia over Texas 10-9 to take a National title from Texas and give it to Miami.

I’m NOT a Longhorn anymore. Grew out of that.

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Agreed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky