New from the Sunshine State

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theshrimppimp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Treasure Coast, FL
Hello,

I used to run a (legal) roadside stand selling wild caught local shrimp, oysters, clams, etc... My user name was was the name of my company at that time. That was years ago though, this is now....

Anyway, new member from the Sunshine State. 84 degrees down here yesterday in the middle of winter! LOL! Crazy weather... We live close to the water and were driving down A1A yesterday and the beaches were packed. Unusual for this time of year. The "snow birds" are loving it.

I'm cooking something on my grill or smoker weekly. Sometimes more often. I did a couple racks of "Flinstone Style" Spare Ribs for the Super Bowl. Friends and Family loved them.

A few years ago I got into cooking Briskets and doing much LONGER cooks. So, I ditched the wood and charcoal smokers and went to Propane (The Dark Side). I also got in to cold smoking. Added a cold smoke generator to my MFP. It has been fun...

Still trying to figure out the signature thing. Some of these forum engines are set up much different that others.

That's it for now...

AJ

Welcome to SMF, AJ-glad to have you join us. At the top of the page you'll see "My Profile" click on that and it will take you to your profile page, at the top of that page you'll see "Edit my Community Pofile" and "Edit Account Details"-click on the Edit Account Details and you'll see a sidebar menu on the left of the page that will allow you to make changes and such to your account.

Enjoy the Smoke!

Dutch,

Thank you for the Welcome and the info... I saw the Sig. area when I was setting things up and lost track of it. I'll give it another shot!

AJ

Welcome AJ!  You've found a good place to share ideas on all things smoked, grilled, cured, etc.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask if you every need anything...someone here will surely have the answer. 

Happy Smoking!

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks guys!

Been reading a lot already!

I am a member on several other forums (have been for years). I just wanted to see what other people are doing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky