New from Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southensmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Central Texas
Howdy from Central Texas....  Been making some jerky (beef and deer) in the dehydrator for about 6 months now and I love how it is coming out.  When I have been going to the inlaws during the weekends I got the chance to try out smoking ribs (beef and pork) with his charcoal smoker, not to bad for the first time.  I would like to be able to smoke jerky, sausage and some ribs with my new smoker.  And the million dollar question always is what smoker?  I really like the char griller duo with the fire box, but I think that it would be too hot for jerky smoking.  Does this sound right?  I know what I want to be able to cook/smoke but think that the requirements for what I wanna smoke are too different. 

Welcome to smf can't help you with the electric smoker question but I can tell you to check out the free e-course offered here! It'll help you get started!!

Welcome to SMF. I usually do my jerky in the oven. I have a set of jerky racks that I put it on and then set the oven for as low as it will go (@190deg I think) for 8 hrs or so. smoking is good too just do get the temp too high or you will cook it instead of smoking it.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky