new from Perry Ok

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdaddydm

Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Hi all,

I have been trying different methods of smoking meats for about  8 years now and am happy to find a place to ask questions.

I smoked my first turkey 8 years ago with a beat up cheap square barbque grill from Wally World.

stuck an old cake pan with a little water directly underneath and charcoal w/wood chips along side the pan.

Came out great suprisingly enough.

Bought an oklahoma joes style smoker ( heavy duty ) from a guy that won it as a door prize about 4 years ago. Still have the old grill for prosterity lol. Use it for corn on the cob. My neighbors and friends think that I am obsessed because I have 2 charcoal grills, 1 propane grill, and the big smoker in the back yard.

The smoker I have is large enough to smoke 3 large turkeys with room to spare.

I won an electric smoker last Christmas, use it on the front porch. it is very convenient but doesn't give the meat as much flavor as the wood smoker.

Glad to be here

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome aboard from another Oklahoman!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome from up north (Kansas)

I predict your neighbors ain't seen nothing yet 
beercheer.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

Am anticipating smoking a turkey next week

haven't decided on pecan or hickory

which ever I use will be awesome

Haven't used hickory in a couple of years so thats probably going to be the one

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky