New from New York

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archergirl

Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
New York
Hi

I've been wanting to smoke and learn how to do it for years.

I was searching the Internet and stumbled on your forum and started reading and checking it out.

after 2 days, decided this is for me. now my dilemma is I do not have a smoker, would like to purchase one this weekend.

It HAS to be a propane vertical as we built our out door kitchen for that- we still need to build the end of it and our limited on space with 2 1/2- possibly 3 feet being the max wide

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! I own a Camp Chef Smoke Vault....and love it!!!  I have the 24".

Jeff offers a free 5 day E-Course.  It's packed with great information to use...no matter what your experience level might be!  http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/terms-of-service

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

Hi KathrynN

Thank you very much- I fell in love with the vault about a week ago- but #1- the price- #2 the reviews.

I would still love to get it- but I can't find it for a reasonable price- I wouldn't even mind a used one-

been searching 3 times a day on craigslist-lol

could you tell me what your opinion for a #2 choice of yours would be.

thank you

karen

Hi KathrynN

Thank you very much- I fell in love with the vault about a week ago- but #1- the price- #2 the reviews.

I would still love to get it- but I can't find it for a reasonable price- I wouldn't even mind a used one-

been searching 3 times a day on craigslist-lol

could you tell me what your opinion for a #2 choice of yours would be.

thank you

karen
I got mine from Amazon...and love it.  The only issue was a bent rack from Shipping...called took pictures and the company took care of it no problems.  What price range are you looking in...if you don't mind telling?  We can help you figure out what to get.  My next one is going to be a "Stick Burner". There is also the WSM....which is the Weber Smokey Mountain....its charcoal.  I would love to have one of those too.

Kat

Thank you everyone.

Kat I would like to stay under 200 if I could-

I saw the vault 18 on craigslist here for 100 - but didn't know anything about them and by the time

I did some research - it was gone. but I am getting desperate and need to finish the outdoor kitchen so I will

probably have to take something else.

I looked threw the review section here- but end up just as lost as when I started-lol

thanks

karen

Welcome to the forums, Karen!  Glad you've joined us.  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on our favorite pastimes...grilling, smoking, and curing great food!  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask any time you need help and you'll get plenty!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky