• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New from Michigan

unclelou

Joined Nov 25, 2013
Hey everyone,

Awesome site here, lots of info , been reading for a while finally posting.

I've been smoking on a Smoke vault 18  for about ten years now. It still works pretty good but recently got into making sausage and want to start smoking some andouille and others. thinking about an electric smoker now for more consistent temp in colder temps.

I was looking at the masterbuilt Sport eliteGS40 or other comparable electric for $200-$300 range. Looked at pellets... yoder, rec tec,

nice but don't have the funds now. Thanks for any info and all the past info I've read very helpful

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Welcome to the group, Lou!  Lots of members here use and like the MES40.  I used to have one myself before upgrading to a pellet rig, and liked it a lot.

Red

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey UncleLou

Welcome to the forum.  Browse around and ask all the questions you have about a new smoker

Gary

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

humdinger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 27, 2012
Welcome Lou!
Glad to have you aboard and posting!

bigr314

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 4, 2011
Hi Lou, Welcome. You will all your answers hear. use the search bar a top of page. It will help you a great deal.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.