New from idaho

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ShakeNbake

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
New here, from north idaho. Been reading reviews for pellet cookers. Had a gmg Daniel boone that worked great for a few smokes then couldn't keep temp. Ended up getting a refund. Purchased a Yoder ys640s and burned it in plus 1 rack of ribs. Used most of a 20lbs bag of pellets. Took 8 hours at 225 and the ribs were still not done, only got to 160 but it was midnight so they got pulled. Grill has channeling issues in the hopper too. The distributor is going to pick it up and refund my money.

Now, to find a pellet cookers that works as it says, that isn't loaded up on the inside with silicone, and holds enough pellets for a overnight smoke.

Friend has rec tec that he loves, brother has cheap traeger that works good for him. Local store had Pitts & spitts and smokin brothers. Was looking at smoke daddy but don't like the thin steel as much. May splurge for a MAK. Anyone have any clue on a grill that actually is a set and forget, that functions correctly?

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forum Mike, I just bought a Rec Tec and there are a few others that have them and swear by them.

Sorry about the bad luck so far.

Here is my post of ribs in the Rec Tec from Sunday.

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky