New Dyna-Glo vertical offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You could try bending it up some and just see, its all trial and error with a cheaper smoker. But yeah it looks like your blocking to much of the upper hole.

Also mine isnt as wide as the smoker... that way the air can still move around.

PrezidentRedz PrezidentRedz ahakohda ahakohda thanks for the suggestions. I've trimmed the baffle sides down, bent it up further and drilled a few holes towards the very end and its seemed to help. 1 is thermostat level, 3 is about 6 inches from the top. Closed off the dampers now to get to around 235ish. We'll see how it goes. Will update.
20190606_152736.jpg
20190606_152747.jpg

PrezidentRedz PrezidentRedz ahakohda ahakohda looks like the baffle was the problem. After modding, was able to hold between 200f and 245f with 1 1/4 chimneys of charcoal and adding some hickory and apple wood over 3 hours or so. Decided to try a pork loin and it turned out pretty good for my first run. Gonna get a better smoke ring next time but I'll take it! Thanks again for all the help!
20190606_193107.jpg

This thread convinced me to get the dyna glo vertical offset smoker.

Showed up earlier in the week, charcoal grate for the smoke box was missing. Called up the customer service line and got a new one sent out easily enough. Might as well mod it while I wait. Step one is RTV and lavalock seal.

Reactions: mpaisley88
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky